Wednesday, February 08, 2017

They're Here

Remember the famous line: .... "Build it and they shall come?"
Well....they're here!
The park is absolutely brimming with fun loving people enjoying all the resort has to offer.  

My morning ride around the park showed only a very few open spaces.  Almost every site is filled.  I heard from a staff member that we're at an all time high capacity.  Bravo!!!

I'd like to meet the folks who decorate this cactus every season.  I'll bet they're a lot of fun.  It's not easy to dress a cactus!


 Monday I stopped in the Adobe Room to see what was going on in there with all the women.  Oh.....it is the Yarns and Threads group busy at work.  They used to be called the "Red Work" group but have changed their name to get more people to join.

My Grandma would have called it a quilting bee or a sewing bee as it looks like a group of friends just get together to work on their individual projects and enjoy the company.

Talk about intricate needlework!!!  Wow!


Many of the girls were working on blankets.  They used up their odd yarns to make Grannie squares and then they're knitting them all together to make lovely warm gifts for needy folks.




If you like to knit or crochet ... or any kind of needle work, they'd love to have you join them.  Looks like a very friendly group.


*****
Line dancing is another very popular event.  I stopped in and took a quick beginner's class with DeeDee.  She is a fantastic instructor!  




*****
This is the week of the Palm Creek pickleball tournament.  Hundreds of players are gathered to watch and participate in the activity.  The weather is absolutely perfect too!


Tournament or no tournament, all 32 courts are filled any day I wander over there.



Donna Christiansen is the president this year so was busy overlooking the event.



Congratulations to the whole group that not only play the game but also volunteer to manage and staff their events.  They hold daily round robins, lessons, tournaments, maintain the courts, work the concessions, etc.  They're very dedicated to their sport.



**************



       Getting older has some fun moments.  My goal for 2016 was to lose just 10 pounds .... only have 15 to go.

***********
Ate salad for dinner, mostly croutons & tomatoes... Really, just one big, round crouton covered with tomato sauce... And cheese... OK, it was a pizza... I ate a pizza.

*********
I don't mean to brag, but I finished my 14-day diet food in 3 hoursand 20 minutes.

*************